Medical Spa Manager
Department: Medical Spa
Reports To: Practice Administrator and Medical Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
To apply, download the application and email the completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 5350 Eastern Ave, Davenport IA 52807. You may also fax it to 563-359-1512.
Summary: This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Medical Spa, including overseeing the Medical Spa budget, marketing, and all services. The Medical Spa Manager will supervise, direct and coordinate all medical spa staff functions.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Responsible for departmental goal setting and direction of department functions; works with Practice Administrator to determine department long term goals and needs
- Establish department priorities by answering questions and requests; and establishes quality standards, methods and procedures
- Manage all daily activities involving staff and client care assuring the highest level of care and service for all clients
- Develop and maintain marketing strategies and promotions
- Manage inventory, ensure accurate inventory reports and enforce inventory control procedures
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the Medical Spa is staffed appropriately all hours of operation
- Oversee and ensure positive client service; respond to complaints resulting in favorable outcome
- Manages performance, training, development, and scheduling of medical spa staff; approves employee schedules, absences, overtime, and vacation
- Conduct staff performance evaluations; document performance and attendance on an ongoing basis and partner with Practice Administrator in decision making and problem solving for annual evaluations, developmental coaching and corrective action
- Work with Practice Administrator and Human Resources in the hiring and termination process
- Participate in client care as needed
- Evaluate working relationships of staff members and provide counseling to improve communication and interaction between staff and team members
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees and professional development as required
- Maintain patient confidentiality and protect individually identifiable health information per HIPAA regulation
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with all team members by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving methods resulting in a harmonious and productive work environment
- Maintain knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures, including OSHA.
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and industry specific programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Medical Spa Manager has supervisory responsibility for the Medical Spa, including approximately 15-20 direct reports.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Aesthetician License preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years medical spa experience
- Knowledge in the operation of computers, Microsoft office and email
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Aesthetician License preferred
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Drivers license and acceptable driving record
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Walking – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Sitting – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Reaching with hands and arms – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Climbing or balancing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Talking or hearing – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Tasting or smelling – Approximately 1/3 to 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Travel- Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Weight lifted/Force exerted – An average of approximately up to 10 pounds greater than 2/3, up to 25 pounds 1/3-2/3 and up 50 pounds less than 1/3, of on-the-job time, non-continuously
- Vision – must have clear vision near and far, with or without corrective measures
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Noise – Moderate to Loud (i.e. typical medical practice noise – patients, computers, printers, phones, fax machines, etc.)